Operator Assisted Conferencing Services General Description
Operator-Assisted Conferencing is an operator- managed service designed specifically to handle calls that require enhanced services as well as a more personal touch of an operator.
How to schedule Operator-Assisted Conference?
- Dial the access number assigned to your reservation
- Provide the operator your name, company name and conference ID number
- As the moderator, you will be placed in a sub-conference and will be able to communicate with the operator before the call begins, the participants will be placed on music hold until the conference begins
- When you are ready for your conference to begin the operator will introduce you, at that time the operator leaves and you now manage your call
Operator-Assisted Conferencing Requirements:
- Access number
- Conference ID
- Name of the moderator
Operated- Assisted Conferencing Features:
- Communications line - A communication line may be established between you and an operator that provides conference updates and/or grants participants access to the call
- Digital replay - The conference recording may be immediately played back to those who were unable to attend. These recordings can be played back 24/7. Features of the recording include fast-forward, pause and rewind and are accessible through a toll-free number
- Electronic polling - Enables the moderator to ask a series of yes/no or multiple choice questions. Once participants want to respond to any query from the moderator, they can do so by pressing the appropriate digit on their touch-tone phones. Results of the voting are tabulated and distributed to the moderator while the call is in progress
- Electronic question and answer - Upon the operator’s instruction, participants signal that they have a question by pressing the number 1 button on their touch-tone phone. The operator then calls on each participant by name for a managed question and answer session
- Entrance and exit tones - Distinctive tones sound as participants enter or exit the conference. These tones may be disabled upon request
- Full time operator monitoring - An operator’s full attention is focused to the monitoring of a single conference to manage any requests or special instructions made during that conference
- Language translation - Translate the entire content of a call from English into as many as 140 languages
- Listen only - Only specified speaker(s) may be heard, which eliminates disruptive background noise during presentations
- Music hold - Music is available at the moderator’s request
- Participant list - A list of all conference attendees is e-mailed to the moderator following a conference call. The moderator may also provide a list of participants before they are admitted to the call
- Recording/replay - The conference is recorded and a cassette tape(s) or CD is delivered to your office
- Reservation confirmation - After placing a reservation, the moderator may receive e-mail or fax detailing the conference arrangements. This e-mail/fax verifies the accuracy of the reservation and may be used to notify participants of conference details
- Roll call - The conference operator conducts a roll call before formally turning the meeting over to the conference host. However, this particular feature is not recommended for very large conference calls
- RSVP line - Participants can dial the conference center and register for a conference call. This list is given to the moderator to identify who is participating in the event
- Streaming - Use the Internet to broadcast live to an unlimited number of participants or to archive conferences for participants who were unable to join the call live and may reference it at a later date
- Sub-conferencing - Participants are able to adjourn to private meetings, which are separate from the main conference call. When instructed, the operator returns everyone to the original conference
- Time and charges summary - A list of connection times and the duration of each connection for the participants may be compiled for the moderator. Charges only accrue for the time participants are on the call and a summary is provided at no extra charge
- Transcription - Receive the text of your conference in hard copy or diskette format
Conferencing Services is now a very important business strategy for increasing company savings and enhancing business productivity. Travel costs as well as venue expenses are totally dispensed with by virtue of modern-day conferencing services. The efficiency and versatility of next-generation conferencing services allows businesses and other large organizations to conduct meetings with participants in geographically dispersed locations right from the comforts of a desktop computer.
Larger-sized enterprises as well as other organizations requiring conferences with multiple participants can take advantage of a more specialized conferencing service—Operator Assisted Conferencing. Operator assisted conferences is a highly scalable conferencing solution which allows businesses and other organizations to effectively manage the most exacting of multiple-participant conferences. Efficiently manage conferences with the aid of a team of dedicated professionals specially trained to virtually manage multiple-participant conferences.
Operator Assisted Conferencing services enables the efficient facilitation of conferences with high numbers of attendees, whether they be business partners, potential and existing clients, or inter-company employee conferences. From a dozen high-ranking executives to every member of 3000 strong workforce, operator assisted conferences can bring every participant into one streamlined conferencing event. Carry out status meetings and updates every week or host multi-functional team meetings in a moment’s notice or perform special event conventions online with relative ease and convenience.
The entire conference proper is assisted by a professional operator who handles multiple-participant conferences. Trained operators welcome participants and help facilitate Q&A and polling sessions. Most operator assisted conferencing services also feature a wide array of user-friendly applications and services for the benefit of the conference host as well as all the conference participants.